Anxiety is a feeling of worry, nervousness, and apprehension or agitation that is experienced within the mind and body. The concern is for a need to do something about inexplicable internal or external sources. Stress is a building up of mental, emotional, or physical strain caused by anxiety and/or overwork. Anxiety and strain can deplete your personal and bodily energetic resources leading to many mental health symptoms. The tips below are ways to relieve your anxiety and stress.
- Be flexible because everything is always changing, nothing stays the same.
- Consider setting aside some leisure time during your day to laugh more, play often, relax and enjoy life. Go for a hike, watch a funny movie, play a game with other people.
- Take a moment to breathe slowly, deeply, and feel the bottom of your feet, the soles of your feet on the floor and wiggle your toes.
- Pace yourself, learn to say, “no” and set limits, boundaries and borders on what you can do.
- Mistakes are ok. No one is perfect and that is how you learn – from your errors.
- Exercise to release anger and body tension. Just go on a walk or do any kind of activity.
- Eat good food and nourish yourself with spiritual food such as meditation or contemplation for balance, energy, and a sense of well-being.
- Communicate with other people by listening and talking as you share life events and stories.
- Live in the present which is the gift and accomplish one thing at a time. Then you have all the time in the world to handle your problems and difficulties.
- Let yourself grieve all your changes and losses by reminiscing, processing them to be able to cope and adjust to life’s circumstance